Saturday, April 27, 2013

TINA HAMMOND



VISIT TINA HAMMOND ON FACEBOOK
 

 

The Team Red series was meant to be an Adult Contemporary Paranormal Romance. It was tough to classify the genre because we have a level-headed woman blinded in an accident who is united with a German shepherd service dog she finds she is able to mentally communicate with - paranormal, right? Sigh... it should be so easy.
The book, doesn't have the feel of a paranormal book because the book is completely taken over by the German shepherd dog, Red, and his snarky, witty dialog, sans filter. So, humorous, right? Sigh... Nope.
The author had to make herself crazy and added two hot guys that decide to compete with each other for her affections (think hijacked dates, and sabotaged good-night kisses). So, light, romantic comedy, right? Heavier sigh.
She could have stopped there, but no - She obviously wasn't done messing with everyone's head (or her own, apparently) so she added that the dog has awesome tracking ability that brings him to the attention of the Police department... so Crime? Drama?
See what I mean about trouble finding a good genre fit? Blind Seduction is an adult-oriented, sexy, Laugh-out-loud, paranormal romance with a touch of crime drama.
But wait! It didn’t end there. Red was so engaging to many readers, that they asked for a less adult-themed version of the series for younger readers (and for readers that don’t want the erotic love scenes). At reader request, the series was re-written with younger characters, and a different story-line with very little adult content. Red Rover is a PG13-ish modification of Blind Seduction.
The Team Red Series comes in two versions “Blind” (Starting with Blind Seduction) contains adult content, not suitable for readers under 18. The “Red” series (Starting with Red Rover) is suitable for most audiences over 13.

Red Rover, Team Red Book 1 by T Hammond will be free on Amazon thru Sunday, Apr 28


Blind Seduction, Team Red Book 1 by T Hammond is $3.99 on Amazon


Book Description – for both book versions

Heart pounding, she woke abruptly. It is still dark. Her mind cleared- it is always dark now. Within a heartbeat, an accident changed Teresa’s life, took her sight, and left her scarred.
Red is a typical German shepherd, well, except for the whole talking-in-Teresa’s-head thing. He’s sassy and opinionated, and pretty handsome, even if he does say so himself.
And if a smart-ass dog isn’t enough, Sebastian and his friend David came to town and both have set their sights on Teresa. Neither of the sexy ex-Navy men are above using military tactics to secure their target- and so begins the Siege of Teresa March.
And when you quit drooling over the two gorgeous guys, don’t forget to consider the implications of a talking dog… the police department certainly has.

Excerpt (Different from Red Rover version of the story)

8 Months Earlier

Warm breath caressed the back of my neck, and I sighed at the damp heat that stirred the tiny hairs at my nape. In my half-awake state, I had a fleeting thought that it was strange to be sleeping upright. I rolled my face to the side and opened an eye to see adoring, beautiful dark eyes gazing at me like I was the most gorgeous woman in the world.

“Janey, Rex is staring at me again,” I complained.

“If you'd quit dozing off and leaning against his cage he wouldn’t be watching you at all,” she replied reasonably. “As it is, you keep slipping him dog treats, and don’t think I haven’t noticed, so he thinks you’re a goddess among women.”
Rather than reply, I slipped a hand into my coat pocket and pulled out a treat that I defiantly poked through the links of the kennel partition. A warm tongue licked my fingers and soft golden brown eyes worshiped me as he delicately took the offered dog biscuit between sharp, white teeth.
I was visiting my friend, Janey Declan, during the much-anticipated arrival of Stormy's third litter. My best friend had been raising animals since her early years in the local 4-H club. She had started with rabbits, and goats, but when we were twelve, she got her first German shepherd dog and a professional GSD breeder was born!
Janey’s parents had converted an old barn on their property to a kennel to accommodate and encourage their youngest child’s new interest. Ten cages, and fenced-in dog runs later, Declan Kennel was gaining a reputation as one of the best GSD kennels in the area.
On Halloween morning, we were presented with nine gorgeous German shepherd puppies over the course of five hours labor. I must have dozed off for a few minutes; the last thing I remembered is that we had changed the bedding when it looked as if Stormy’s labor was finally over.
I watched as the babies crawled blindly towards their mother's body heat. Stormy looked weary, but she was vigilantly nosing each of the new arrivals. Janey and I were both grinning like idiots; you'd think that WE were the ones that had labored for so long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment