Friday, May 31, 2013

Corr Syl the Warrior–EcoFiction Adventure, Romance, True Evil, and A Few Bad Jokes

Corr Syl the Warrior CoverMap of Wycliff DistrictCorr Syl the Warrior Cover

Corr Syl

Garry Rogers debut Sci-Fi novel, "Corr Syl the Warrior" will be available free on Amazon on Friday, May 31. Learn more about the book here: http://garryrogers.com.



Title: Corr Syl the Warrior

Author: Garry Rogers (email: grogers@sigmaxi.net)

ASIN / ISBN: B00CYT082U / 9781484989890

Number of eBook Review Copies: Unlimited (Free on Friday, May 31).

Book Giveaways: eBook Free on Amazon Friday, May 31.

Genre: Science Fiction, Eco Fiction (conservation theme)

Audience: Middle Grade and up

Rating: Violence, but no profanity or erotica

Mood: Optimistic, Humorous


Purchase: Kindle, $3.99, trade paperback, $14.95. Purchase on Amazon

Description: The adventure takes place on an Earth on which intelligence evolved long before humans appeared. When conflict flares between humans and the ancient multi-species Tsaeb civilization, the Tsaeb send a young warrior named Corr Syl to investigate and recommend a response.

Synopsis: Tensions are rising between humans and the ancient multi-species Tsaeb civilization. When an armed human patrol crosses the border into a small neighboring Tsaeb district, the district council asks a young Tsaeb warrior named Corr Syl to investigate and prepare a response plan.
To this point in his life, Corr Syl's only responsibility has been to meet the requirements of his warrior training. Things are changing, however, for Corr has developed an interest in the beautiful but aloof Rhya Bright. Pressure from his warrior mentor forces Corr to accept the council's request. He quickly learns that spies have infiltrated his district, and he realizes that many lives are at risk. He catches a glimpse of something truly evil, and with no time to spare, recommends a plan that will end the immediate dangers, but that might start a war.
Rhya helps Corr develop the plan and the two become very close. The Tsaeb apply the plan this unleashes global reactions from powerful enemies of the Tsaeb.

 

Garry Rogers, PhD
Author, "Corr Syl the Warrior"
President, Agua Fria Open Space Alliance, Inc.
PO Box 1011, Humboldt, AZ 86329-1011
Phone: (928) 925-7191 (for Garry)
Email: grogers@sigmaxi.net
Website: http://garryrogers.com
 

B-W ThumbB-W ThumbB-W ThumbB-W Thumb

I became sentient on a small farm in the wooded hills of eastern Oklahoma. Usually undistracted by other children or parental concerns, I was free to wander barefoot and barely clothed through woods and meadows, and along the banks of a sparkling creek. There were many discoveries of brilliant insects, iridescent fish, huge acorns, and giant spotted turtles. These formed the standards of sight, scent, and sound against which I will forever compare all my experiences.
At age nine, we moved to a small town in northern Arizona. There I made lifelong friends, and became addicted to the whispering wind and treeless vistas of the Colorado Plateau. I read day and night, and by the time I reached high school, I had decided to become a scientist or a business entrepreneur. I never noticed then that all my heroes were authors. After a few detours, I earned a PhD, joined a university faculty, and found my place among enthusiastic students and altruistic colleagues. Early excitement for teaching cooled and I took a full-time research position, and after a while, I became a full-time business entrepreneur.
When the adventures of business began to dull, I bought a small farm on a small stream in central Arizona. On Coldwater Farm I focus my energies on protecting wildlife and wildlife habitats. I write natural history and science articles, books, and news stories about wildlife conservation. I also write novels and stories about an earth on which intelligence appeared long before humans.
On my earth, sentience arose in the first complex creatures. After millions of years and countless failed societies, sapience appeared. The first sapient creatures formed a powerful warrior guild and served as the guardians of earth and of the Tsaeb, the multi-species civilization that eventually spread across the globe. You will find stories about the Tsaeb at in my blog and on the fiction page at http://GarryRogers.com.
I miss the farm. Its deep reservoir of possibilities for discovery gave me an eagerness to explore that filled every morning with expectations. The eagerness continued through my years in academia and business, and only faded after those goals were satisfied. I don’t know if the enthusiasm will ever return, but I am hopeful. I purchased the old farm a few years ago. Only a pile of rubble from the fireplace shows where our house stood, but the creek still sparkles and swirls. The hayloft in the old barn is a good place to write. I will go to stay one of these days.

Curriculum Vitae

The things we do fill buckets of boring debris containing very little passion or promise. The chronological list of things I’ve done fits this description with a few exceptions. Here’s one:
I am ordained, but have no religious beliefs. I’m not an atheist since I have no sense there is an entity to oppose. I am opposed to intolerance and promulgated ignorance.
My ministerial duties have been limited to writing wedding vows, organizing ceremonies, and serving as the wedding Officiant. Recently, someone I cared about died and the family asked me to perform the funeral service. Though I do not like to speak at funerals, I agreed. This is all I said:
“We are born, we live our lives, and we pass away. We come from the earth and return to it. Who we were and the things we did become stories that live on in the memories of those who knew us.”
I called for stories then, and spent the next half hour learning things I never knew about my friend. I will lead no more funerals though. For me, the deeper engagement and requisite emotional control deepens and extends the desolation.

Corr Syl the Warrior CoverCorr Syl the Warrior CoverCorr Syl the Warrior Cover
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment