Sunday, July 21, 2013

IN AUGUST SECRETS WILL BE REVEALED ~ Katie McKnight ~


 

What is your book about?

Secrets Revealed is a suspenseful-romance novel about Melanie O’Shaugnessy, a Broadway actress, and her husband, Hollywood heartthrob Ryan Carlisle.  After a year of living on opposite ends of the country for work, the newlyweds take a break from the spotlight and spend time with family.  During their hiatus, a secret from Melanie’s past comes to light.  At first the couple fears the secret will tarnish Melanie’s reputation.  They soon learn that the secret may end one of their lives.  

Do you have specific techniques you use to develop the plot and stay on track?

I have tried several different techniques. 

The free-style technique causes me to write a sweet novel without including a plot.  (Readers snore)

Plotting every move stifles my characters and their story. (I snore) 

My writing style falls somewhere in the middle.  I jot down ideas so I know the path my characters should take.  Before I write a scene, I allow the plot to play out in my head.  This tactic allows me to imagine character reactions and movements.  It helps the characters evolve from one-dimensional stick figures into two-dimensional characters.

Who gets to read your drafts before they're published?

My mother and sister read the entire novel several times. They are involved in every step of the writing process. Once it is polished, I share portions of the story with my writing groups and some friends and family members.

Do you need visual media to describe people or places? (Some authors use pics. out of magazines)

Absolutely.  This is one of my favorite parts of creating the story.  I flip through magazines looking for pictures similar to the characters that are living in my head.  I also search magazines for clothing that I imagine my characters would wear.  Finally, I search the internet for pictures of houses or apartments.  Everything is glued on a huge sheet of paper that hangs on the wall by my computer.

 

Favorite snack when writing.

I bring a bowl of sliced apples to my office every day, feed it to my dog and eat candy hidden in my desk drawer.

 

Is there anything else you would like to say to your readers?

Thank you for taking the time to read about me.  I am excited for the release of Secrets Revealed and hope you enjoy it.  I welcome you to stop by my Facebook page or website to share your thoughts and play some games. 

 

Where can readers find you and your book(s) online?

Katie Mcknight - Author PageOn August 1, 2013, digital copies of my book can be purchased at www.eternalpress.biz.  On August 5, 2013, paperback and digital copies can be purchased on Amazon, ITunes, Kobo and Barnes and Noble. 

I can be found on the following sites:

Website:  http://www.Katie-McKnight-Author.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment